Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Push Up (and dip and sit up and not-squat) Challenge!

The official results of my initial test:

Push-ups: 7!
Sit ups: 31
Dips: 26 (I did the dips after upping my weight on triceps in bodypump two days ago and I am hurting!)
Squats: I think I am going to eliminate the squat challenge from my program.  First of all, I am doing squats a lot in bodypump and my quads are getting to look like a softball player's.  Second of all, I tried the initial test and stopped at 140 squats.  Third of all, I am still running pretty regularly, so my legs are being worked out enough :-)

I think that Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays are best for my training as well.  However, I will not be starting until Friday, as I just took the initial test today.

On another note, I am 100% positive that I cannot do even one pull up, but I would like to try that program once it is launched on the site as well :-)  It's called "Twenty-five Pull ups".  In my case, it should be called "Five Pull Ups".  It might take me six weeks to eek out just five!

Carla's job is to hold me accountable.  If a Friday, Sunday, or Wednesday goes by without you reading what I did that day, you need to call me and scold me for being lazy!

Also, can we "label" the topics in each of our posts to archive the info, so if we are looking for something we can find it easily. When you write a post, at the bottom, there is a box for the "labels".  For instance, my labels from this post will be "Maria, initial test, sit ups, push ups, dips,", etc.

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be your accountability person...as long as you promise to be mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do the 25 pull up challenge once it is posted, too! We'll have to keep an eye out for that!

    ReplyDelete