Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 1, Day 1!

Push Ups: Sets of 6, 6, 4, 4, and max with about 60 seconds in between each set.  I even had J (hubby) watch my form to make sure I was doing it correctly :-)  He was very critical!

Dips:  Sets of 13, 15, 9, 9, and max with about 60 seconds in between each set. 

Sit Ups:  Sets of 15, 18, 10, 10, and max with around 60 seconds between each set.


Max Push up: 4 (OUCH!)
Max Dip: 19
Max Sit up: 22

I am really proud of my max dips and sit ups.  But the push ups, that's pretty suck-y.  Nowhere to go but up, right?

I am also going to Zumba tonight at the gym.  I really wanted to go out on a run today, but my in-laws were in town and we had a nice breakfast together.  And if you don't go early in the summer, you're asking for a heat stroke.  So I skipped it :-)

The plan is to have a super-workout-weekend.  I went to Fratelli's last night and enjoyed a massive plate of linguine with clam sauce.  I also made these cake balls:


...and had a few too many for dessert.  AND I had a few margaritas on the deck last night... whoops.

Since we bought our new house and summer started, I have had a lot of time to cook and eat.  And I have been taking advantage of it!  Tonight (after Zumba) is steaks on the grill and corn on the cob :-)

I am proud of my first day of this program!  I just have to keep reminding myself to keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Maria!!! I'm jealous that you get to go to Zumba tonight - wish I could be there with you!

    The cake balls look delicious! I may have to try doing that again sometime!

    ReplyDelete