Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 1, Day 2 - Carla

Week 1, Day 2 Sets: Push ups (6, 8, 6, 6, Max), Sit ups (15, 18, 15, 15, Max), Dips (13, 15 10, 10, Max), Squats (13, 16, 13, 13, Max)

I decided to do my circuits on my lunch break at work today. I have an old yoga mat that I keep under my desk in case I need it for anything…it was put to good use today! When I got down to do my first set of push ups I thought I was going to die!!! I barely got myself into proper push up position and I seriously thought I wasn’t going to be able to do one push up let alone 5 sets of push ups. However I thought about the fact that I was going to have to do a blog post later on documenting my progress, so I persevered. It certainly hurt, but I was able to make it all the way through. My circuit took 17.5 minutes today. Hurting and sort of sweaty at the end, but day 2 is complete! I even completed one more max push up than listed as the minimum! :)

My max sets were as follows: Push ups – 8, Sit ups – 25, Dips – 20, and Squats – 30.


Like Maria, I was hoping to get a run in today but that backfired on me. I am not able to go to Zumba tonight as I have a retirement dinner to go to - yummy food (and possibly a margarita or two). Not necessarily a good night, but a yummy night indeed! Hopefully I'll make up for it by getting to the gym tomorrow and/or Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment